Saturday 7 January 2012

Untitled

Sometimes thinking up a title is more difficult than actually writing the post. So I've decided to be lazy and use the age old trick of titling a piece "Untitled." This is often used by artsy types who want their pieces to seem really profound, but in truth they are just lazy bums.

SO!
I dabble in painting as well as drawing, so I figured I would post a picture of my pictures.
The one in the frame was my first attempt at painting after several years. I think working in colored pencils and markers really allowed me to understand the concept of "layering color." It was hanging in the Lt. Governor's mansion all summer, and was there when the royal couple came to Charlottetown. I'm very proud of it.
The blue face was me trying to use up some excess paint, and it turned out okay, but there are some proportional mistakes that I'll keep an eye out for next time I attempt a picture like that. The bottom one is a step out of my comfort zone with paints, but I really like out it turned out. Originally, it was only going to be done in blue, white, and black. My dad said something along the lines of "It needs another color... maybe yellow?" which I took a bit of offense to, because my ideas are always the best ideas. Yeah... Anyway, after looking at it for two months, I finally gave in and added the yellow to it. Sometimes, you just need another set of eyes to make improvements. Thanks Dad!

Enough of the paintings. Have some fan art stuff!
Zero with some baking ratios. Yup.

X. I really need to remember to put a blank sheet behind the picture I'm scanning...

The trio would not be complete without Axl.

No comments:

Post a Comment