Wednesday 11 January 2012

I've learned so much! (start 2nd 2009)

... By creeping around the internet >.>
That probably sounds worse than it is, but I've been talking to people ALL OVER the world, and it is really, really neat.

~~
So, yes, today. Hm.

Today, I was supposed to have an "art day" with my friend. Of course, that usually means no art is done during the course of the day, and we manage to have fun without it. We were going to get a coffee and pretend to be artists, but we ended up having a driving adventure in the downtown area, which was far more exciting than it needed to be, before finding a parking space on one of the busiest streets. Fun.
We bought ourselves some tea and hot chocolate and got booted out of wherever we were, so we went to the mall and had an excellent chat about crazy people we haven't seen in years. In the middle of our chat the fire alarm in the mall goes off.
Everyone sits and stares.
It was much funnier than it should have been.
So we leave the mall, cups in hand, and wander around.
"Are you hungry?"
"...Yeah..."
So we went to eat. Before we could go into the restaurant, which has the most delicious Lebanese food, I had to chug the remains of my peppermint tea. The smell of mint has not left my nasal cavities.
While we were in the restaurant, my friend started talking to another person who she recognized. This lady looked very very familiar, but I could not place her. After watching me have difficulties pushing in a chair (...), my friend came back and we ordered/proceeded to eat our lunch.
Halfway through our meal, the other lady said good-bye and left.
No biggie.
Eventually we finish eating, laze around (as is customary), and get up to pay the bill.
"Your bill has been paid."
"...What?"
"The nice lady at the table next to you paid for you! Have a nice day!"
My friend looked confused. I looked confused.
Then we both said a collective "D'AWWWWWW....! That was sooo sweet!"
We didn't stop d'aww-ing  for the rest of the walk/ride home.
Thank you lady-who's-name-I-kind-of-remember-now! You made my day :)

~~~
Today marks the start of my 2nd 2009 sketchbook (white).
This one was started 8/24/09, and marks the start of my new life in PEI.
If the forehead was smaller, and if the head overall was smaller, this would be a pretty good person.

YES. I need to get back to this level of ability!

Sayaka, depressed. Experimenting with a different pose.

Hummingbird. If there was more detail in the green, I think it would have brought this to life more. I do particularly like how the flowers fade into the background, though.
 
Horses. Lots of horses. (partial view)
... Wait a second. That last one doesn't belong here! That was an entry that I submitted for a local show at the library in October 2011. I had originally planned to color it in, but seeing as I remembered about the show the night before entries were due, and drew this in about 3 hours in order to actually HAVE an entry, I think it's decent as is.
Derp.

No comments:

Post a Comment