Sunday 15 January 2012

Chickens

I finally got the last of my money from the summer crops. I picked so many yellow beans this summer that at one point the only thing I could dream about was yellow beans. We're hoping to get an early crop started in April to sell in June (way ahead of competitors), but we'll see whether the wind will allow the greenhouse roof to stay on or not.
Also, while I was picking up the money, I visited my chickens which are wintering with Contessa's birds. My rooster is double the size of her biggest chicken, and he has the attitude to go with it. Those poor, poor chickens. My hen just hides in the corner because he picks on her so much.  
I've created a monster! 

So! On to the pictures!
Golden crowned kinglet. I used to sit in the school library during all of my free time and sketch. I'd flip through an encyclopedia, find something interesting, and draw it.

Axl. Always up to something. I don't like peach colored markers for skin. >:(

Colored with nail polish.

A pacer. Looking at this scanned in, I can see the conformational flaws. Still, it's a pretty neat use of a brush pen!

Branching out of my comfort zone! Book page, oil pastel, and picture clipping.
That's all folks!
As you can tell, I've been rather busy, so it will be harder to post on a regular schedule. I will try my best to do so, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment