Saturday 3 December 2011

Heading into finals!

One more week of this science stuff, and then I'm OUT.
My Chemistry exam is Tuesday, but I'm not too worried about it. I've been doing well in this class, and I enjoy it. If my final does not go too well, I will at least have the satisfaction of feeling like I learned something and enjoyed myself while doing so!
My Global Issues exam is Wednesday. Am I worried? Not particularly. I need to skim the book once more, but it is very basic information concerning overused topics. If I don't do well, I really don't care at this point. My seminar classes in the Lyceum were probably more challenging and enjoyable. I will do my best, regardless.
My Biology exam is Thursday and, well, I'm screwed no matter what I do! I'm trying to study the lecture notes, but I'm not sure if I should bother or not, seeing how the information covered on the midterms had absolutely nothing to do with the lectures. I will be so glad when this class is over and done with!

On to the pictures!
I like the "woodcut" style this picture has! I should try this again, sometime.

A simple "playing with colors" painting. It is much more sublime in real life. *STARE*

Itachi, my favorite bamf. Too bad he dies. :(

Axl! Too bad you can't see the glitter crayon, a-hur-dur.

This is cute. I don't enjoy babies, but I do enjoy the perspective in the background ;)
I want to go back to the woodcut picture for a second. This was one of John Greenwald's (http://www.johngreenwald.com/) favorites that I did. He was a studio neighbor and a friend. When my mom was giving art lessons, he would always pop in with some encouragement and kind words for the students. I often helped him catalogue his paintings, but I was mostly there for the conversation. He was overall a great person. I don't want to say "rest in peace" because that would be very un-John-like, but wherever he is, I know he's making an impact on everyone around him.

These were the last of the sketchbook-less pictures. I will likely be posting sporadically over the next few days if at all.
Wish me luck in my finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment