Friday 2 December 2011

Bad Art (a mini rant)

Yes, my friends. The internet is a treasure trove of bad art. I'm glad that I explicitly stated in an earlier post that I am scanning in OLD sketchbooks, because I seriously just saw an entire gallery filled with pictures, by a 23 year old that look worse than my 12-13 year old self could draw. D:
I want to encourage people, but the first step to solving a problem is to admit you have a problem. I mean, seriously, don't expect a truckload of praise for your art if it looks like something semi-sophisticated chimps crapped out. ARGH.
On another, but similar, note, there is a museum in Massachusetts that I had the benefit of going to see in person. That museum is the one and only "Museum of Bad Art." Check out this link: http://museumofbadart.org/

On to the continuously-improving pictures!

I enjoy looking at this picture. The shading, the movement... it's pretty good for a 13 year old.

Hoss. At this point, I still used a very light touch with colored pencils, which did not afford me the full range each pencil can offer!

Neato. Wish I could remember where I got the pose from, though.

Look at the exhale! I need to try something like this again.

Some boy. Actually, there's a story behind him, but it's quite long and confusing. So there.

Seeing as it is 11:52 on a Friday night, I'm going to go get a bowl of Lucky Charms and count myself lucky that I managed to grab a bowl before my brother consumes the entire box by himself. Muaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment