Wednesday 14 December 2011

Green Sketchbook

Howdy y'all. Tonight we start my "official" 2008 sketchbook. I got this from a friend because she said she'd come to my birthday and never did. She also bought me some very nice colored pencils (or "pencil crayons" for my silly Canadians :p ), so I suppose all is forgiven.
See, I have the "forgive" part down. Now I have to learn the "forget" part of that deal.
Lesson here: Don't put yourself in a position where you have to be forgiven. I have Irish Alzheimers.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite sketchbooks, simply because of the color variety and the fact that I really started to branch out into different mediums on these pages. This was also the year that I started working as an elevator operator (more on that another time), so I had plenty of Saturday hours to pour into this thing. I also just realized now that the sketchbook that I just finished posting probably came after this one, so adjust your internal timelines accordingly.
I am so going to regret drinking an entire pot of tea before bed...

Okay, pictures!
Bucephalus graces the first page of this book. You are going to see a lot of horses.

My profile "style." I think it is a nice and simple concept. I'm digging the gradient in the background!

This one did not scan so well. This was done in watercolor pencil.

Leopard. I'd like this one more if I didn't have the random creepers in the background D:

Drawing a staircase from the top step is far more difficult than it should be.
There are a lot of pictures in this sketchbook. If I post 5/day everyday, it will take appx. 20 days to post it all. Just a friendly warning!

No comments:

Post a Comment